Our platform allows advisors to seamlessly select a BlackRock model and couple it with 55ip’s tax-smart technology. Through this partnership, advisors provide clients with a tax-smart transition into the model over time. 55ip provides ongoing, automated trading and tax-smart management to get clients to the right portfolio by making the move to models less taxing.
How do I get started?
- Access our platform to create a log-in
- After registration, sign the sub-advisory or trade-list delivery agreement between you and 55-ip via DocuSign from the portal
- Submit the Request of Information (ROI) to your custodian to get all your account holdings data flowing through the portal so you can run analysis without uploading files manually
- Contact The 55ip Onboarding Team with any questions (email@example.com)
Is this only for my taxable accounts?
Nope, this is a one-stop offering! 55ip can work across your full client base to automate trading/rebalancing for your qualified accounts, as well as your non-qualified accounts.
What’s included in the offering?
- Advisor-facing 55ip platform to access the BlackRock ETF Model suite
- Automated tax-transition management to easily move clients into BlackRock ETF Models
- Automated tax-loss harvesting at scale across your non-qualified client accounts
- Automated trading functionality for all your accounts (if you sign sub-advisory with 55ip). For Trade List delivery agreement, 55ip provides trade lists, advisor is responsible for executing the trades
When are trade requests processed?
All trade requests will be processed the following business day.
Do you have account minimums?
Yes. The account minimums for taxable accounts is $50,000.
How do I integrate 55ip with my custodian(s)?
You can submit a Request for Information (ROI) request. Please contact our Onboarding Team with any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Do you work with all major custodians?
For BlackRock models, we currently allow RIA firms that custody their assets with TD Ameritrade, Charles Schwab, and Fidelity.
How do I access other 55ip services on the platform?
Please reach out to our sales team for further details (email@example.com).
Who will have access?
- Initially it is available to all RIAs that custody at Schwab, TD Ameritrade, or Fidelity. In 2020 we expect to broaden the list of custodians as well as access across other channels
- The offering is only available to Financial Professionals – direct investors are not able to access this offering
What BlackRock models are offered?
- Target Allocation ETF
- Target Allocation Tax-Aware ETF
- Target Allocation Multi-Manager ETF
- Target Allocation ESG ETF
- Target Allocation Smart Beta ETF
- Multi-Asset Income Multi-Manager MF/ETF
How do I request withdrawals?
Please email withdrawal requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is there a fee to access the models?
No. The RIA will not be charged a fee to access the models on 55ip’s platform. 55ip receives a service fee from BlackRock for the services 55ip provides its customers with respect to the models.
Copyright © 2022 55IP. All rights reserved
There is no overlay fee for the use of 55ip’s technology when using a BlackRock model portfolio. Additional fees, including underlying fund fees to implement a portfolio, may apply.
Carefully consider the investment objectives, risk factors, charges and expenses of funds within the model portfolios before investing. This and other information can be found in the funds’ prospectuses or, if available, the summary prospectuses which may be obtained by visiting each fund company’s website or calling their toll-free number. For BlackRock and iShares Funds, please visit www.BlackRock.com or www.iShares.com. Read the prospectuses carefully before investing.
Investing involves risk, including possible loss of principal. Asset allocation and diversification may not protect against market risk, loss of principal or volatility of returns.
The model portfolios are made available to financial professionals by BlackRock Fund Advisors (“BFA”) or BlackRock Investment Management, LLC (“BIM”), which are registered investment advisers, or by BlackRock Investments, LLC (“BRIL”), which is the distributor of the BlackRock and iShares funds within the model portfolios. BFA, BIM and BRIL (collectively, “BlackRock”) are affiliates.
55ip is the marketing name used by 55 Institutional Partners, LLC, an investment technology developer, and for investment advisory services provided by 55IP, LLC, an SEC-Registered Investment Adviser. Such registration does not imply a certain level of skill or training. BlackRock and 55ip are not affiliated. BlackRock disclaims responsibility for any content provided by 55ip.
The BlackRock model portfolios are provided for illustrative and educational purposes only. The BlackRock model portfolios do not constitute research, are not personalized investment advice or an investment recommendation from BlackRock to any client of a third party financial professional, and are intended for use only by a third party financial professional, with other information, as a resource to help build a portfolio or as an input in the development of investment advice for its own clients. The BlackRock model portfolios themselves are not funds.
BlackRock intends to allocate all or a significant percentage of the BlackRock model portfolios to funds for which it and/or its affiliates serve as investment manager and/or are compensated for services provided to the funds (“BlackRock Affiliated Funds”). Clients will indirectly bear fund expenses relating to assets allocated to funds, including BlackRock Affiliated Funds. BlackRock has an incentive to (a) select BlackRock Affiliated Funds and (b) select BlackRock Affiliated Funds with higher fees over BlackRock Affiliated Funds with lower fees.
Transactions in shares of ETFs may result in brokerage commissions and will generate tax consequences. All regulated investment companies are obliged to distribute portfolio gains to shareholders. The BlackRock and iShares Funds within the model portfolios are distributed by BlackRock Investments, LLC (together with its affiliates, “BlackRock”). BlackRock Fund Advisors, an affiliate of BlackRock Investments, LLC is a registered investment adviser.
BLACKROCK and iSHARES are trademarks of BlackRock. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.